Printing PDF files on client default printer inWebServer Env

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
anshuman82

Post by anshuman82 »

Hi,

I am using PDFCreativeX.dll to populate the pdf files with data.
I am working in Web Application in which the pdf is produced and stored on server and presented to client for user to print.

I know about print() method of PDFCreativeX.dll

Is there any option to print directly to default printer on client machine instead of presenting the the pdf to user?

Regards
Anshuman
Anshuman
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

Unfortunately not, the PDF Creator does not have this functionality.

Hope this helps?
anshuman82

Post by anshuman82 »

Hi Jose

Thanks for the reply.

Can you suggest some Active X/tools which I can make use to print the pdfs directly to default printer on client machines instead of presenting the the pdfs to user?

Thanks
Anshuman
Anshuman
Devteam

Re: Printing PDF files on client default printer inWebServer Env

Post by Devteam »

The PDF Creator ActiveX can be inserted on a web page to do exactly that, i.e. print the PDF document rather than viewing it. For details about using the PDF Creator ActiveX on a web form, please refer to the technical notes section (http://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1232.)
In short:
- The "data" attribute of the ActiveX is set to the PDF data coming from the server.
- The Print method of the ActiveX is used to print to the default printer or to any printer for that matter.
Amyuni Development Team

Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - https://www.amyuni.com