PDF created under VFP9 has managled output

If you are a VFP developer and have any questions about using our products from VFP here is the place to post them.
agostick

Post by agostick »

Hi,

I am upgrading my client from VFP7 to 9 and checking the printing of some of their printouts. They are using the Converter product ver 2.10f and the output is "mangled" when viewed via the Acrobat viewer (I could send a sample but I do not see an upload button).

It is my understanding that VFP9 uses GDI+ whereas VFP7 used GDI. In this case I *cannot* revert back to GDI via issuing "SET REPORTBEHAVIOR 80" as this application needs to use a "Report Listener" to control the output and if a report listener is used, the report engine *always* uses GDI+ and as the VFP documentation states, if a report listener is used, SET REPORTBEHAVIOR is ignored.

Are there some additional commands that can be issued via the .fll to resolve this?

Thanks,

Albert Gostick
Navdata Software
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

The situation you are encountering is occurring because of how VFP 9.0 now prints and not the PDF Converter. VFP 9.0 will force VFP to use GDI+ and thus causing a PDF document which is generated as image.

We suggest that you print your PDF reports and setting "SET REPORTBEHAVIOR 80" before printing in VFP.

Since you have mentioned that this option is not available to you, we suggest that you set PostScript simulation to on when printing to the PDF Converter.

However in version 2.10f this option was only available through the ActiveX interface of the product.

If you wish to use PostScript simulation through the FLL interface you will need to upgrade to our current version 2.5x of the product.

Hope this helps?
agostick

Post by agostick »

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I don't want to go through the work of rewriting to use the activex version. Can you tell me the following:

1) will turning on postscript simulation *for sure* solve the problem? I can send you a sample of what is currently being outputted to confirm (unless you know for sure this will solve it).

2) how much would it cost my client 20 licenses. I am in Canada. I sold the original licenses to them.

Albert Gostick
Navdata Software
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

1) Postscript simulation will give good output. I am not sure if you already try it or not

2) For the license price please contact sales@amyuni.com or check our price pages.

Hope this helps,

Joanna