Outlook error

If you are a VFP developer and have any questions about using our products from VFP here is the place to post them.
Hartnett

Outlook error

Post by Hartnett »

I am trying the 2.10 demo version of the pdf converter with Email. I am using VFP 7.0 with Windows XP Professional. After converting the file and emailling it, I get the following message when I attempt to continue using my VFP application:
Error Instantiating cursor object. Cannot find C:\program files\common files\system\msmapi\1033\xxx.dbc.
I have to get completely out of the application and start again to use the application.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The error you are getting is not generated directly by our driver. It could be related to our driver or to the process you are following to generated the pdfs and sent them by e-mail.

This error means there is a missing file in the mapi folder.

This will maked me add some explanation concerning how we do send emails using the Converter:
We support Mapi and Smtp. The SendMail() functin uses Mapi (Outlook supports Mapi so if you have Outlook you are supposed to be able to use the SendMail function). For cases where the customer don't have Mapi spport they can send the e-mails using the SendMailSmtp() function.

I checked my system Windows 2000 and i didn't find and msmapi folder and i didn't find a dbc file. I have C:\program files\common files\system\mapi\1033

Hope this helps.
Hartnett

Outlook Error

Post by Hartnett »

All of my machines are XP Professional with Outlook 2000 and they have the msmapi folder.
I have C:\program files\common files\system\msmapi\1033.
There are no .dbc files in the 1033 folder. The .dbc files are in the Foxpro application folder. The program seems to get lost after trying to email.

I don't understand that there is a file missing. What file?

If I use the SendMailSmtp is there a way to keep track of sent mail like Outlook does?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

No, using SendMailSmtp there is no way to keep track of the sent e-mails because these are sent directly through the smtp.

No it is not an issue of missing files.

You can try the following:

- Try to run your application from another machine, will you get the same error?

- Try to download the latest available versions of the PDF Converter.

- Try to debug your application to see where precisely the problem is getting lost or what is happening after sending the e-mail.

Please note that I didn't encounter this issue before and I didn't get any similar report from any VFP developer so I guess this issue is related to VFP and not to our driver. Which version of VFP are you using?
Hartnett

Post by Hartnett »

I have tried it on 5 machines with the same results. The VFP version is 7.0 SP1.
I noticed that there is a 2.50 version. I am using demo 2.10. Is there a 2.50 demo?