problem with activation

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
jezekjkr

problem with activation

Post by jezekjkr »

When I try activate a print from developer version, I see a error Printer not activated, error code -20
I have Windows 7(EN) or Windows Vista(not english version) with UAC enabled (problem is descripted in http://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2601, eg. now for this test I check full right on printer security tab)
I try install both version(with 2 name), 4.007 and 3.03 on both computer, install is OK (only last install 3.03e on W7 don't work)
Now on my W7 computer
When I run my application as administrator, I may use both printer OK
When I run my application as standard use (UAC on, not elevated),I may use only last instalated printer , e.g. 303, version 4 not work
on my Vista notebook is the same (the admin OK, with UAC only last printer)

Any advice?
Why I must use both version?
Version 4007 in this time is very bad. Encrypt on PDF don't work. I send bug in other topic
Devteam

Re: problem with activation

Post by Devteam »

You need to check the security settings under the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software.

Everyone should have read/write access to this key, otherwise the printer cannot read and save its configuration. Using a fresh install this issue does not happen. The issue happens only when doing an OS upgrade because the above key is not upgraded from Vista to Windows 7.
Amyuni Development Team

Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - https://www.amyuni.com
MGR

Re: problem with activation

Post by MGR »

Hi Devteam, as I mentioned in the other thread linked to above, your code for automatically setting the rights to this key on installation only works for English OS. Anyone that installs Amyuni on a non-English OS will have to set the rights themselves (via script or manually). I suggested to you to change your installer routine to set the rights for all language OS, not just English.

It's not true that this only happens on OS upgrade, it will happen on Vista and Windows 7 clean install if you are on non-English OS. Please fix this for the next minor release,

Thanks
MGR