[Solved] Generating PDF/A

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Ger van der Kamp

[Solved] Generating PDF/A

Post by Ger van der Kamp »

We've been been using the PDF-Converter for quite a while now and are in the process of switching to version 3.02. We want to generate PDF/A so I added the SetImageOptions(hPdfPrt, 0x00000020) call just before the SetDefaultConfigEx() call. A PDF document is generated, but Acrobat Reader 8.x and 9.x have a problem showing the document. I've got two PDF files, one with SetImageOptions(hPdfPrt, 0x00000020) which has problems and also one with SetImageOptions(hPdfPrt, 0x00000000) which loads ok. Is there some other option conflicting with PDF/A generation? Whats going wrong?
Ger van der Kamp

Re: Generating PDF/A

For more than a month I posted this problem and recieved not even a reply. :oops:

:arrow: Do you have the same issue opening the documents?

:arrow: Do you need more input to reproduce the problem?
David
Amyuni Team

Post by David »

Hello

A couple of important notes about generating PDF/A documents:

- Fonts need to be embedded in the document
- IO_OUTPUTPDFA8 and IO_XMPMETADATA should be set in the ImageOptions for true PDF/A

Below is a simplified code snippet of what i mean

const IO_XMPMETADATA 0x00000010
const IO_OUTPUTPDFA8 0x00000020

SetImageOptions(hPdfPrt, IO_OUTPUTPDFA8 + IO_XMPMETADATA) //enable pdf/a
SetDefaultConfig(hPdfPrt) //apply printer settings

SetFileNameOptions (hPdfPrt, NoPrompt + UseFileName + EmbedFonts + MultilingualSupport) //embed fonts

Hope that helps

David
Ger van der Kamp

Adding the EmbedFonts + MultilingualSupport did the trick.

Thank you,

Ger